PLEASE ALWAYS READ THE HELP FILE THAT COMES WITH THE INSTALLER.
1. Is The Reunion compatible with non-English versions?
- The Reunion requires the English Steam / 1998 executable but is a framework that allows modders to retranslate the entire game. For example, this Italian translation uses The Reunion: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19551.0
2. Do I need the game converter?
- Only if using the Square-Enix version of FF7. If you have the 1998 or Steam version of the game, no converter is needed.
3. How do I know The Reunion has been installed properly?
- Check app.log (found in the game's folder) and The_Reunion.log found in the The_Reunion folder. The version you have installed will also be noted.
4. The Reunion doesn't seem to be working for me?
- Same as number 3. If nothing obvious stands out, you can post in #help-with-the-reunion in our Discord Server and attach the logs.
Please note that The Reunion is only compatible with a legitimate Final Fantasy 7 installation on Windows 10.
Please do not ask for help in the Discord if you are using a pirated / illegitimate copy of the game.
6. There's no audio.
- Press ctrl-alt-M in game to unmute the sound. If this doesn't help, please check Audio.log found in root\The_Reunion folder.
7. Can I still gain Achievements?
- Not with The Reunion enabled. A workaround is to play the game with The Reunion enabled until significant progress has been made, then disable it (open root\The_Reunion\options.ini and set Disable_The_Reunion = y, and open the game in Steam.
8. How do I set my controller configuration?
- Please see the help file that came with the installer to find the default keyboard controls. To set a controller configuration, play FF7 and open up the main menu. There is a config option in the main menu.
9. Can I use save files created with The Reunion with other mods / installations?
- Yes. Save files are interchangeable.
10. The game area seems to be cut off / misaligned / scaled wrong
- Please change your dpi settings as follows: (your ff7.exe directory may be different)
11. How do I uninstall The Reunion? Can I edit / reinstall The Reunion?
- See the help file to learn how to uninstall. You can edit /remove / add any of the files in the Base, Global, and Custom folders. If reinstalling The Reunion, only files found in the Base folder will be deleted and updated, so there should be no ill effects with any custom mods you've added.